Secure E-Mail is Safe, Secure and Easy
FCNB now offers its customers the ability to send a secure e-mail to the bank. It is the best way to communicate with us and the ONLY way to be sure your confidential information is delivered safely. At FCNB, we feel that it is our responsibility to protect the sensitive business information we share together.
Why Secure Email?
Why Secure Email
By itself, Internet e-mail is an insecure communications channel. Messages sent via standard Internet e-mail travel in "plain text" and cross many networks before reaching their final destination. As a result, an opportunity exists for prying eyes to eavesdrop on e-mail messages as they traverse these various networks. Since confidentiality cannot be guaranteed, standard Internet e-mail should not be used to exchange sensitive or private information such as social security numbers, bank account numbers, financial statements, etc.
How Secure Email Works
When the Bank sends you a secure e-mail message, the message is sent to a secure data center called the FCNB Secure Mail Center, where it will be held for you to retrieve. At the same time, a notification message is sent to you to inform you that a Secure E-Mail message is waiting to be retrieved. The notification message will contain a link to the FCNB Secure Mail Center. Simply click on the link, log into the secure web site, and retrieve your message.
Create Your Account
The first time you access FCNB's Secure Mail Center, you will be prompted to create an account. Supply your e-mail address and password to establish your account. You will use this password each time you log into FCNB's Secure Mail Center. A confirmation message will be sent to the e-mail address you entered. You will need to click the link in the confirmation email to complete the account set up process. You can now begin using your Secure Mail account.
Retrieving a Secure Email
When FCNB sends you a secure e-mail message, you will receive a notification message via standard Internet e-mail. Click the link contained in the notification message to be taken to the login screen where you will be prompted to enter your email address and password that you established. Once logged in, you can read your Secure E-Mail, download it to your computer, or send a secure reply message.
Sending a Secure Email
To send a Secure E-Mail message to the Bank, click on the "Log In Now" link on this web page. You will be taken to the login screen of FCNB's Secure Mail Center where you will be prompted to enter your email address and password that you established. Once logged in, you can create a new Secure E-Mail message by clicking on the "Compose" tab.
With security issues at the forefront, FCNB has implemented Web Root and ZixCorp secure e-mail solutions to protect our email communications, ensuring all personally identifiable financial information remains confidential.
Secure messaging ensures against card fraud and consumer identity theft. It's also an effective way to conduct financial business. To protect consumer data and comply with improved best practice standards, all e-mail communication you receive from us containing personally identifiable financial information will take advantage of Web Root and ZixCorp encryption services. FCNB prides itself in its customer service and believes this new feature will provide both safety and convenience to our customers.
Secure Email Tutorial
Registering for FCNB's Secure Mail Center
To utilize Secure E-Mail, you must complete the registration process at FCNB's Secure Mail Center. Registration is a one-time, quick and easy process.
1. Click here to access FCNB's Secure Mail Center.
2. Under "FCNB Secure Mail Center Registration", click to create a new account.
3. Enter your E-Mail Address and enter a Password that complies with the password rules shown. Re-enter your Password. Enter a Password Reminder Phrase that will help you remember your password. Click "Submit Password".
4. After clicking "Submit Password", you will receive an Account Change Confirmation page.
5. Open your e-mail program and open the confirmation e-mail in your Inbox.
6. Open the e-mail message and click on the link to Activate your New Password.
7. This link will take you back to FCNB's Secure Mail Center and confirm the Activation of your New Password. Click "Continue".
8. You are now ready to send and receive secure e-mail messages. Click "Compose" to send a message.
9. If you receive an e-mail message in your e-mail Inbox notifying you that you have a message in FCNB's Secure Mail Center, click the link in the e-mail message to retrieve your secure e-mail message. You can log on to FCNB's Secure Mail Center by using your previously established E-Mail Address and Password.
10. Congratulations! You now have access to FCNB's Secure Message Center.