Invest Today For The Future
Certificates of Deposit (CDs) offer competitive returns on FDIC-insured savings. They are a great choice if you have a time-specific savings need or if you just want to diversify overall risk in your portfolio.
$5,000 minimum deposit required. Interest compounded quarterly. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Fees may reduce earnings. Must have an account with FCNB that has an automatic deposit. Interest must be added back to the CD or credited to a checking or savings account with FCNB. Rate effective January 25,2017. Rates subject to change.
First Savers CD
- Perfect for the beginning saver
- $500.00 minimum opening balance
- 12 month term
- $100.00 minimum required for add-on
- Substantial penalty for early withdrawal
- Fees may reduce earnings
- For rate information, reference the 12 month CD rate under the Current CD Rates
Current CD Rates
As of January 25, 2017:
|Term||$10,000 & Above|
|30 Days||0.15% APY|
|45 Days||0.18% APY|
|3 Month||0.20% APY|
|6 Month||0.35% APY|
|12 Month||0.45% APY|
|24 Month||0.65% APY|
|36 Month||0.85% APY|
|48 Month||1.15% APY|
|60 Month||1.40% APY|
|Term||$1,000.00 to $9,999.99|
|12 Month||0.10% APY|
APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Fees may reduce earnings. Rates subject to change.
Looking for a way to keep large deposits safe? Ask us about CDARS®. It’s a great solution for businesses, non-profit organizations, public funds or IRAs. With CDARS®, you can access FDIC protection on multi-million dollar CD investments through First Community National Bank.
It’s one-stop shopping. With help from CDARS®, you can access:
• Safety – Your money can access multi-million dollar FDIC insurance coverage.
• Convenience – You work directly with us. You earn one interest rate, receive one regular statement, and one year-end tax form.
• Community Investment – The full value of your money can support lending opportunities in your local community.
• CD-Level Rates – Your money earns CD-level returns which may compare favorably with other investment alternatives, including Treasuries, corporate sweep accounts, and money market funds.
How does CDARS® work?
FCNB is a member of a special network. When you place a large amount with us, we place your funds into CDs issued by other banks in the same network – in increments of less than the standard FDIC insurance maximum – so that both principal and interest are eligible for complete FDIC protection. As a result, you can receive coverage from many banks while working with just one.
These exchanges, which occur on a dollar-for-dollar basis, can bring the full amount of your original deposit back to our bank. As a result, we can make the full amount of your deposit available for community lending purposes.
Funds may be submitted for placement only after a depositor enters into the CDARS Deposit Placement Agreement with First Community National Bank. The agreement contains important information and conditions regarding the placement of funds by us. This benefit applies to some, but not all types of CDARS transactions. Let us know if this benefit is important to you, so that we can explain the relevant terms and conditions in more detail. CDARS is a registered service mark of Promontory Interfinancial Network, LLC.