First Community National Bank is committed to banking as it should be: supporting our community and helping families become stronger, through trust and service.
On March 16, 1906, the Bank of Leasburg was established with a capital stock of $10,000 subscribed by L.A. Evans, Elliott Davis, Leo A. Fisher, John R. King, J.W. Waller, James N. Smith, Daniel Foster, Thomas Hogg, Justin Perrigue, A.J. Barnett, Wm. Fitzgerald, C.M. Fitzgerald, Edward L. Perrigue, Mark H. Kelly, James A. McInnis, J.C. West and E.L. West. The first board of directors consisted of J.W. Waller, E.L. West, Leo A. Fisher, J.C. West, and James N. Smith. The bank’s motto was: “Safety, Service and Security”. The first cashier of the Bank of Leasburg was James N. Smith; Luther A. Evans became cashier in October 1906 and served for several years.
For a few years after the financial crisis of 1929, the Crawford County seat of Steelville, Missouri did not have a bank of its own. The citizens of the town soon realized that for a community to grow and prosper, it needed a bank of its own. On October 2, 1934, the Bank was moved to Steelville, Missouri, and the name changed to Community Bank. C.M. Fitzgerald became the President of the new Community Bank. Following Mr. Fitzgerald was W.A. McInnis who served as President from the mid-1940s to 1956.
In 1960, the Community Bank built a new banking facility on Main Street in Steelville under the leadership of E.W. Gravatt, who was Director and President from 1956 to 1961. In 1961, the role of President was turned over to L.J. “Tick” Perkins. Mr. Perkins remained the CEO & President until 1976 when the family operation was turned over to his son, Paul E. Perkins. In 1979, the Community Bank moved down the street to its current location at 402 W. Main Street in Steelville.
On February 1, 1983, the bank’s name changed to First Community National Bank of Crawford County because of plans to open a second location in Cuba, Missouri. At that time, the bank also changed from a state-chartered bank to a national chartered bank. In 1984, the Cuba Financial Center was opened and then remodeled and expanded in 2005.
With further expansion, the bank’s name changed to First Community National Bank when they acquired the Boatmen’s Community Federal in Sullivan and opened the Sullivan Financial Center in 1991. In 2002, the Rolla North Financial Center was opened followed by the Eureka Financial Center in 2005. FCNB’s sixth location, a second branch in Rolla, opened in 2007.
Recognizing the need for comprehensive financial services, FCNB further expanded by creating affiliate companies offering cohesive solutions for customers. In 2000, FCNB Investments was established to provide wealth management and investment services to individuals and businesses. Now in partnership with Money Concepts, FCNB Investments provides brokerage services and life insurance at all FCNB Financial Centers. In 2003, FCNB Insurance was introduced as an independent insurance agency offering auto, home, business and life insurance. Today, FCNB Insurance has thirteen offices in mid-Missouri and offers coverage from more than 40 national and regional insurance carriers.
Under the leadership of Chairman of the Board Paul E. Perkins, the family operations have now expanded to the third generation. Currently, Scott Perkins serving as President and Chief Executive Officer of FCNB and Julie Perkins Settles serves as the President of FCNB Insurance Services, Inc. and FCNB Investment Services, Inc. Today, First Community National Bank remains a strong and progressive independent, community bank serving the communities of Steelville, Cuba, Sullivan, Rolla, and Eureka.